LUXURY HOT CHOCOLATE
Chop the extra-fine dark Swiss chocolate.
1. Place half the chopped chocolate in a jug with the vanilla extract. Gently heat the milk and pour a little over the chocolate to melt it, whisking it to give a smooth paste.
2. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk and keep warm.
3. Put the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave.
4. Whip the whipping cream into soft peaks, then fold it through nearly all the melted chocolate, reserving about 2 tablespoons for garnish.
5. Pour the hot chocolate into four cups. Top each with a dollop of cream, a drizzle of chocolate and 1 marshmallow. Serve immediately.
CURRIED SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
Roast the sweet potatoes (2cm diced).
1. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and allow this to get hot, add half of the oil & fry the potato for a few minutes to allowing these to colour. After a few minutes add the spice & fry for a further minute
2. Now transfer these to an oven proof dish or roasting tray & cook in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 8 – 10 minutes until soft
3. Wipe out the pan & place back on a medium heat and add the remaining oil
4. Break the eggs into a bowl, season and beat well with a fork
5. When the pan is hot, add the spinach and fry this for around 30 seconds
6. Add the warm sweet potato and the beaten eggs, stir this for a couple of minutes, scrape around the outside of the pan with a spatula until the eggs begin to hold their shape & texture around the edges
7. Now place this in the oven and cook for a further 8 minutes
NO COOK STUFFED TOMATOES
Zest and juice the limes. Roughly chop the feta cheese. Peel, stone and finely chop the mango. Finely chop the salad onions. Chop the fresh coriander. Deseed and finely dice the jalapeño green chillis
- Carefully slice the top off each tomato to make a lid.
- Using a small knife, cut a cone shape into each tomato to release the core.
- Cut the core away from the flesh and discard.
- Finely dice the flesh and put in a medium bowl.
- Put a sieve over a small bowl.
- Use a teaspoon to hollow out the tomatoes, leaving a 1cm border so they retain a sturdy shell.
- Put the seeds and flesh into the sieve, allowing the tomato juice to drain through.
- Take any large pieces of flesh from the sieve, finely dice them and add to the other diced tomato.
- Discard the remaining sieve contents.
- To make the dressing, take 1 tbsp tomato juice from the bowl, and whisk with the oil, lime zest and juice.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Add the cheese, mango, salad onion, coriander and chilli to the diced tomato, pour the dressing over and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture among the hollowed-out tomatoes, packing it in, and top with the tomato lids.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.
The ingredients can be found in Marks & Spencer’s Marina Walk, Springs Souk and Dubai Festival City Mall stores, with a selection of ingredients also available on the M&S Food delivery app.